The above title was taken from a Joanna Newsom song. She is amazing. And beautiful, as it turns out.
Apologies for my last post. It was kind of a mangled cry of nothing, but I'll try to be more structured this time.
I am losing my aim and focus. I ate a lot today:
1 cup Crispix, 1/2 cup 1% milk = 161 cal
1 cup chicken lo mein = 278 cal
1.2 cup chicken curry, 1/2 cup white rice = 351 cal
4 chicken pot stickers = 208 cal
1 mini Reese's cup = 44 cal
Total = 1,037
Looking at that number, feeling the weight of the food in my belly and the faint cry of failure in the distance, I wondered how I ever ate so much before. I know I want to be beautiful, but I'm losing my courage, my cause. I'm afraid being thin won't make me beautiful and then what will I have given up? I know I don't look okay like this, though. My weight doesn't hang on me the right way.
This is all just so complicated.
I guess I should enumerate on my boy troubles, because my last post was confusing. My darling sweetheart of a boyfriend is a little socially awkward. He doesn't know very well how to express himself, and he is into free relationships. When he was very small his older sister told him that a man and a woman could not be happy with each other for their whole life. Eventually, one would have to cheat. So, I don't want to be hard on him when he tells me these things. I know he would never cheat on me, and he respects my boundaries enough not to make innuendo about me and other guys. I just had to make it clear to him.
The two other boys in my life are awkward as well. One just broke up with his girlfriend of 5 years. I'm going to take his flirting and touches right now to mean that he needs comfort but doesn't know how to ask for it in a platonic way. The other boy has never had a girlfriend. I'm going to take his request to "titty-fuck" as pure drunkeness.
Thanks for listening, guys. You're more than I deserve.
-Gwen
That total isn't bad at all; those aren't even binge numbers, they're what someone could eat and reasonably lose weight. (Sorry, I ate about that today and am trying not to get into one of those godawful binge cycles.)
ReplyDeleteIn any case, it sounds like you have it well under control. And the boy situation. The boys in your life sound a little messy but very, very fun :)
I hope tomorrow is better for you.